Does Insurance Cover IVF? Infertility Insurance Coverage and Plans Accepted at Aspire HFI
Many aspiring parents want to know, “Does insurance cover IVF?” You might be surprised to learn that your current health plan may offer some type of fertility treatment insurance coverage, and a number of plans cover your initial consultation and testing. Patients with insurance coverage are responsible for their specialist’s office visit copayment.
If you don’t have insurance or lack fertility treatment coverage on your plan, Aspire Houston Fertility Institute works with you to make the first consultation as affordable as possible. Once you schedule your initial visit with a physician, our insurance and billing department will verify your benefits prior to the initial consultation. Some insurance carriers require authorization and/or a referral from your primary care physician prior to your new patient visit. After your visit, you will have an opportunity to sit down with one of our Aspire HFI financial counselors to discuss your situation in detail.
Insurance providers we work with on a regular basis include:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- First Health
- Great West
- United Healthcare
- Uniformed Services Family Health
Does Insurance Cover IVF? Questions for Your Insurance Company or Employer
We understand the important role that insurance plays in your fertility treatment. After your initial physician consultation, we give every patient an opportunity to speak with an Aspire HFI financial counselor who will be available to you throughout your treatment with us. For patients who prefer to speak to their insurance company directly, we’ve provided a list of questions that are important to ask when directly contacting your employer or insurance company:
- Explain my benefits (if any) for diagnostic testing for infertility.
- Are there any age restrictions for infertility treatment?
- Do we need any type of prior authorization or a referral to see a specialist?
- Are there plan limitations, such as lifetime maximums or set limits, for intrauterine insemination (IUI), in vitro fertilization (IVF), or intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI)?
- Are there any restrictions on frozen embryo transfer cycles?
- Do I have medication coverage? Is this separate or inclusive of my other limits?
- Are donor sperm and/or donor eggs covered procedures?
- Are there genetic testing benefits?
- Do you require a waiting period before I can start treatment?
- If I have no coverage for an actual procedure, do I have any coverage for related services such as ultrasounds and blood work?
- Can you put these benefits in writing?
Centers of Excellence Network
Aspire Houston Fertility Institute is a proud member of both the OptumHealth Center of Excellence network offered through United Healthcare and the Blue Distinction program offered through Blue Cross Blue Shield. These networks recognize medical centers and programs with proven experience and statistically successful track records.
Get in touch
Aspire Houston Fertility Institute is ready to meet you right where you are in your fertility journey.
Have questions about what’s next for you and your family?
Contact us today and start your next chapter